Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > Non-Gaming Related > The Entertainment Domain
Community Mark Forums Read

The Entertainment Domain Discuss everything from Television, Movies, Music, Comics, Anime, Cartoons, DVDs To Home Theatre Setups! And Anything Related to it.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-2006, 06:30 PM   #1

Avathar
"GET YOUR NAILS DONE!!"

Send a message via AIM to Avathar Send a message via MSN to Avathar Send a message via Yahoo to Avathar Send a message via Skype™ to Avathar
Avathar's reviews

Here i'll post my movie-reviews, since i've been writing again lately. ^^

"Cars"

There’s one thing everyone can be sure of, after watching this new animation of the guys at Pixar: It looks and sounds terrific. The CGI animation-sceneries really make believe that the American countryside is really worth visiting.

A story about a rebellious red race-car. All the speeding vehicles make the REAL cars from The Fast and The Furious bite the dust; the wonderful songs are yet again from the mind of Randy Newman, and thanks to the amazing sound-effects, yes, you’ve really ended up in the middel of a racing circuit.
The voice-acting of Owen Wilson, Bonnie Hunt, and even so: Paul Newman (as a rustbucket of an excuse for a car, which holds an amazing secret), these voicings make the anthropomorph cars grow out to be characters of...well...flesh and blood.

And also, the director John Lasseter (Toy Story, A Bug’s Life) knows like no other how to put the cinematic aspect of cartoons in an animation like this. This way, the racing scenes are actually quite equal to the arena-races from Ben Hur, rather than something pathetic, like the ball game from Harry Potter.

And still, there are some obstacles on this race-track: the cliché-filled story and the conservative “in the old days, everything was more simple and better”- athmosphere.

But although it’s yet again quite a predictable CGI-animation, when you’re gonna watch this in the cinema, wait for the ending credits, ‘cause the best jokes are really saved up for the last. Quite good, and enjoyable.

Edit: 6/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis
Now, contemplate the tuttifrutti powahs in my avatar!
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!
Last.fm YouTube DeviantArt Last.FM TheShrine DinoButt

Last edited by Avathar; 07-17-2006 at 11:54 AM.
Avathar is offline   Reply With Quote