Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > General > Serious Discussion and Debates
Community Mark Forums Read

Serious Discussion and Debates For serious subjects. Curent events, news, religion, politics and science. As this is a debate forum posts in here MUST HAVE at least 20 words and be relevent to the discussion.

Old 07-12-2007, 01:05 PM   #1

Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding

Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame
The narrow road/path often untraveled.

Why is it that the most-difficult thing you have to do in life is usually the right/better thing to do? What is that?

Thoughts?

Ideas?

Arguments? I'm open to all of em...I'm frustrated and besides myself with emotion.

Somebody speak!
You only get one shot at life. Follow your heart.
Phoenix Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 06:07 PM   #2

Hydra
3, 2, 1, Let's Jam

Send a message via MSN to Hydra Send a message via Yahoo to Hydra
Re: The narrow road/path often untraveled.

Me too. XD;

I can't say right now. Anna's pretty much fed up with me, because of the past, and the future we both know. I'm not sure whether to swoop in and save her, for it may be too late, or to let her go, and pray someone else can mend her up.

I do plan the first one, but then the second one may fail, due to the tragic downfall of the first. And you never know if the first may work if you do the second.

So, I'm pretty much stuck. I'm not sure which road to take.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:54 PM   #3

dappa
Master Summoner

Good question

I made a decision today about someone and its been tearing me apart emotionally.

I'll bounce back soon
Old 07-15-2007, 01:58 AM   #4

Doctor
Highwind Captain

Send a message via AIM to Doctor

You know, very often in life I do not agree with that statement. The hard way out of anything for me has seemed to only do one thing; ruin my life entirely. I don't feel like disclosing a personal example/experience, but believe me, this is how I have felt about 99% of the time when it comes to making hard descisions.

But the few times that your statement has been correct has only been right in social relationships...I wonder if that has some sort of significance. You can take the easy way out on almost everything else, but when it comes to relationships, there's no easy way out...?

And Hydra, don't be like me and try to find an easy way out of your situation. I think that you should be supportive no matter what the circumstances.

However...it's YOUR choice to make, and I shouldn't barge in. Just do whatever you feel would be best, for her, and for you. Even if you worry about someone else, never forget about yourself.
Old 07-15-2007, 03:08 AM   #5

Hydra
3, 2, 1, Let's Jam

It's to the point where I can do anything for her sake. Even let her go, because it may make her happier than she is now, over the course of time. I, not anytime soon, plan to take any kind of way out that'd leave problems unsolved.

And Faust, the reason it doesn't work is because easy roads don't solve the problem. It just makes it go away. It can be gone for the rest of your life too. The hard roads make you work, and you have a better chance of failing, but you'll obviously have a better outcome than the easy road. Because the situation will be GONE, not forgotten. And you can remember anything you forget.

Last edited by Hydra; 07-15-2007 at 03:12 AM.
Hydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 03:18 AM   #6

Doctor
Highwind Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydra
It's to the point where I can do anything for her sake. Even let her go, because it may make her happier than she is now, over the course of time. I, not anytime soon, plan to take any kind of way out that'd leave problems unsolved.

And Faust, the reason it doesn't work is because easy roads don't solve the problem. It just makes it go away. It can be gone for the rest of your life too. The hard roads make you work, and you have a better chance of failing, but you'll obviously have a better outcome than the easy road. Because the situation will be GONE, not forgotten. And you can remember anything you forget.
I'm...not sure I quite fully understand. I'm still too naive, I suppose...I'm not sure, really. I would have nornally expected myself to comprehend something like this...but all I can do is stare at your words, over and over, and think of nothing else to say...for now, I can suppose that you're right.

And I'm sorry I tried to make a personal opinion about your relationship...it's none of my buisness, really. <_< I apologize.
Old 07-15-2007, 03:24 AM   #7

Hydra
3, 2, 1, Let's Jam

I guess it's a good thing you don't understand. Naivety can be great, when it's supposed to. When you're naive, you don't ever think about what you COULD have done. You dwell on what you HAVE done. And believe you me, dwelling on my "What If's" and my problems together, that's too much for ANYONE to take.

So being dumbfounded is a gift. You take the hard road, and never think about how easy the easy road is. You devote your time to what you want, and that's getting to the end of the road.

And it's quite alright Faust. =D Nothing to apologize for.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:48 AM   #8

Doctor
Highwind Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydra
I guess it's a good thing you don't understand. Naivety can be great, when it's supposed to. When you're naive, you don't ever think about what you COULD have done. You dwell on what you HAVE done. And believe you me, dwelling on my "What If's" and my problems together, that's too much for ANYONE to take.

So being dumbfounded is a gift. You take the hard road, and never think about how easy the easy road is. You devote your time to what you want, and that's getting to the end of the road.

And it's quite alright Faust. =D Nothing to apologize for.
Never in my life have I ever thought that being naive was really a good thing...sure, what you say is true...but, to me, being naive is a form of stupidity. Towards myself, anyway. I would never call someone else stupid if they were being naive. Argh, I don't know. ._.; I suppose that I'm truly dumbfounded now. X}

But if I AM naive, (and this can go for anyone else,) then does that always mean that I will take the hard road? Is it really such a good thing that I don't understand? Isn't it sometimes selfish to only be able to take care of yourself, because of something you don't exactly GET about someone/something else? I think that it's just too important that everyone SHOULD know...

I'm quite confused..
Old 07-15-2007, 06:45 AM   #9

Phoenix Flame

Hey!!! > > I thought this was MY discussion?!?! J/K

You two bring up some really good points.

First off - Hydra...you bring up an invaluable misconception that we can all learn from - this is: What I don't know can't hurt me. As most of us know - what we don't know inevitably WILL hurt us. ESPECIALLY in relationships. The correct way of stating this should be

...What I don't know WILL hurt me.

Allow that to sink in, read it again - slower this time.

= 3

Faust - even if a situation is difficult - and you are in the midst of it. You WILL be a better person on the other end of it. IF you can muster-up enough strength to get through the trial. Furthermore: ***IF*** you choose to learn from your mistakes/trials/difficulties.

"How tall will a tree grow?" --------- As tall as it can! Why should human beings be any different? Because we have the power of choice to do or not to do so. = ( That's MY problem ATM (and I know it.) I know what I 'should' do - what I'd like to do and what I'm capable of doing in my life. Yet I'm lacking in the courage dept. >_> I kinda feel like Gogo XD Except I'm mimicking all the losers. ._.

>_< For God's sakes! I'm 26!!! 'Friggin grow up already'... right??? I know, I wish I could. Hmmm...maybe I need to hear a particularly personal story of triumph in the face of adversity....or someone surviving in the face of all odds to get me to say "WTF?!?! My life's not THAT difficult - I need to grow some balls and f***ing face the music and MOVE ON!!!"

Sorry...was that over the top??? I can never tell. :S
Old 07-15-2007, 07:43 PM   #10
Luis
ˇˇ Fresón rebelde ˇˇ

Sorry, I just read the first reply to the thread... XD

It's cool to find new challenges! =D
That's the way to keep breaking your limits, as well as 'levelling-up' as the creator of the thread would say! ^^
Old 07-16-2007, 02:56 AM   #11

Phoenix Flame

I didn't contradict meself = 3

All I said was that after a situation - as long as you come out on the other side, you typically come out a better person.

The part before that wasn't saying that YOU said you are immune or not - I was just clearing up that common misconception. The reason I said you brought it up was because of what you were talking about w/Faust about knowing-VS-not knowing something until it's too late. Either way: you're bound to get hurt...but I can understand someone saying that it hurts more if you find out after-the-fact...then it would seem like the damage done is greater than it would have been otherwise...

I dunno - maybe I'm only making sense to me, ask *Shadow Kat* <dun dun duuuuuuun> XD
She would know how confusing I can be sometimes. = 33
Old 07-16-2007, 03:01 AM   #12

Hydra
3, 2, 1, Let's Jam

I should know too.. @_@ *confused*

I also never said you should stay stupid the whole time. I was saying as the bad happens, you learn, and you have time to smarten up AS it happens. Not know it all before it does and just be uberly depressed because despite of your knowledge, it still happened.

So basically, we agree? :3

Last edited by Hydra; 07-16-2007 at 03:04 AM.
Hydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 03:12 AM   #13

Phoenix Flame

I think (and I KNOW we agree) that yes, as the bad happens you *should* grow and learn...but also before-hand...try to grow and grow and grow - regardless of what's going on in your life - good or bad. = 3 This way, you're more prepared for (and hopefully can get around a lot of) the crap that life tends to throw you. = D
Old 07-16-2007, 03:16 AM   #14

Hydra
3, 2, 1, Let's Jam

Exactlehhh..

But most people think their situaton is the end of the world, and think they don't have the power to change anything. It's KIND OF sad, but not really, because you can't expect much of society anymore. ;_;
Old 07-16-2007, 03:53 AM   #15

Phoenix Flame

I don't WANT to expect much from people anymore - I've been let down too many times.

I don't expect much from the government, I know SS won't be there in another 10-20 years.

I don't expect much from my friends - they have their own lives to lead and problems to survive through.

I don't expect much from my parents...I'll probably end up taking care of my mom until she passes.

I don't expect ANYTHING from my brother. He's the biggest loser I know.

I don't expect much from my sister (again - the whole life to live/problems to survive mentality.)

I don't expect much from my loved-one...that way I don't put my faith in someone too much to get my heart completely shattered.

Pretty much all that's left is me. = 3 I can make or break my future, my income, my wisdom, my LIFE...and THAT's scary = \