View Single Post
Old 07-15-2007, 05:39 AM   #13

Hydra
3, 2, 1, Let's Jam

Send a message via MSN to Hydra Send a message via Yahoo to Hydra
Re: The narrow road/path often untraveled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Faust
So in the end, you would end up being a little less naive, after all, eh?

But there are those who do not come out stronger...which brings me back to taking the 'easy' way out...a good example is committing suicide after a traumatic event, emotional or physical. I don't say mental, because I believe that whatever you think mentally has some sort of connection to how you feel emotionally, no matter how insignificant the feeling. Mood does affect the way one thinks, does it not?

But otherwise, you're right; in most situations, we can only learn and grow stronger from something that happens to us, to someone else...
In which case, they were too much aware of the situation to learn. In most cases like that, you know a little something about the outcome before it happens, or you always become stronger.

Let meh use moar examples! :O For example! (), a video game. Pokemon, even. You pit a level five Pokemon against a level 5 Pokemon. The battle is hard, because it's the same level as you. And yet, you gain a LOT from the battle, because it's near your limit.

Now, pit a level 50 Pokemon against a level 5 Pokemon. You can KO it in one hit, and gain little to no experience, due to you being beyond it's level.

See where I'm going with this? The only possible way you'd not gain anything from a situation where you're FORCED to learn, is if you already know. Let's apply this to the roads. I'll make it simple. ^_^

If you don't know what's at the end of the road, it's much more greater to get there, isn't it? And yet, if you know what's at the end, what's the point of going down it? You know what'll happen anyway. But there's no way you'd not know what's down the road, and have no reason for going down the road in the first place(this applies to the bolded statement.)