View Single Post
Old 01-31-2007, 11:07 PM   #1

Catalyst
Chocobo Jockey

Send a message via AIM to Catalyst Send a message via MSN to Catalyst
Having a "Side Project" Forum

For the past 2 - 3 years, I've been involved with forums that I've both made, and been a part of. Right now I have a forum for BIG. Right now it's not active because we don't have any titles (yet) released.

What I was thinking overall - not just myself, but any site, was having an "extra" side project. Kind of like how Sega has Team Sonic (correct me if I'm wrong), but they're still related. In this case, lets say there's forum "x" based on a specific project / subject, like ffnet for instance. Now lets say ffnet dies completely, but some dedicated members are still posting. Now lets say Shaggy wanted to keep busy with both ffnet and another forum / site. So he creates forum "y" based on a generalized topic, such as games. So ffnet isn't running well, but then forum "y" becomes active. While forum "x" is still in a stale state, people will (hopefully) come to it, and maybe Shaggy would create a redirect so people can visit and see what's up with forum "x".

What are your thoughts? It was just an idea that I was thinking about for my forum right now.