Final Fantasy Network

Final Fantasy Network (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/index.php)
-   Final Fantasy VII (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The game secrets (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=191)

Wezzy 05-19-2005 02:45 PM

The game secrets

i have played the game many times but i'm not sure i know every single one of the secrets...please post some that you think may be quite rare that i may not have heard of please:)

ShadowHeart 05-19-2005 02:49 PM

There is a second Ribbon to be found in the game, besides the one in the Temple of the Ancients (I didn't even know about it until very recently, have never got it myself yet, only read about it so far). It's somewhere in Gaea's Cliff, inside the caverns.

And there's a materia in the final dungeon that is behind a waterfall or something that is only very barely visible in the PSX version (it's a lot more apparent in the PC version).. I can't remember what it is, as I've never got it myself.. can only remember reading about it and seeing a screenshot of the location.

I think that's the only 2 things I've ever heard or read about that I have never got in the game personally. But I'll be sure to get them in my next time through, whenever that will be.

Wezzy 05-19-2005 03:28 PM

what is the site for the 'mysterious materia' one please i don't belive i have heard that one...i have heard of the famous 2nd ribbon but never actually found it...

Wezzy 05-19-2005 03:30 PM

and also the screenshot if possible please...u could email it to [email protected] if it is possible please

LoKuS 05-19-2005 06:40 PM

You can get Vincent and Yuffie in your party.

Squall85 05-19-2005 06:49 PM

really!!! lol

ShadowHeart 05-19-2005 07:40 PM

It's a Magic Counter materia.

http://www.brinkofinsanity.net/ffvii/MagicCounter.html

Note: That screenshot is from the PC version.. it's nowhere NEAR as apparent in the PSX version, but it IS there in the same place. Just hit the OK button repeatedly in that area :)

ShadowHeart 05-19-2005 08:32 PM

delete this post pls.. forgot I double posted

Gumdrop 05-20-2005 04:48 AM

Hee hee, theres a lot more than just two ribbions, lol. If you morph the master Tonberry's in the Northern creater they give you a ribbion, so you can have as many ribbions as you like :D

ShadowHeart 05-20-2005 05:05 AM

That's not the point, HC. Morphing Tonberries is something almost everyone who is at least somewhat knowledgeable about FFVII knows about - the second Ribbon is something I had never even heard of until recently. He was asking for secrets in the game, and that's what it is.

Also, both Ribbons are missable items, that you can never get again if you miss them the first time - something very important to those want to get everything. I don't go out of my way to get everything in a game personally, but a lot of people do. Besides, there's the fact that if you do get that extra Ribbon, you'll have one less Tonberry to morph (which can be annoying unless you have Yuffie with the Conformer) :)

Wezzy 05-20-2005 04:28 PM

thank you for the screen shot it will help me in the future is there anything else any1 nose about?

Gumdrop 05-20-2005 04:29 PM

I never realy found either of them hard to find so I'm afraid I don't realy consider them to be secrets, I feel people are less likley to know about the tonberries but whatever.

Wezzy 05-20-2005 04:34 PM

HC is there any secrets you know about it? Only things you consider to be good though i don't know all of them but i know a lot lol

ShadowHeart 05-20-2005 05:30 PM

Well, of course it's a subjective thing if something is a secret or not.. and my opinion is that far more ppl know about the morphed Ribbon thing. Hanging out on the FFVII section of the GameFAQs boards has lead me to think that. And I was right partly.. Wezzy asked for stuff he didn't know about, and I found one ;)

Wezzy 05-21-2005 08:32 AM

yes you're right lol, please can you find anymore things for me? i may already know them but i would be grateful anyway:)