Final Fantasy Network

Final Fantasy Network (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/index.php)
-   General FF Discussion (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   kingdom hearts (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1597)

chocobo 08-11-2006 08:58 AM

kingdom hearts

who likes kingdom hearts? :)

Zeromus_X 08-11-2006 11:26 AM

Re: kingdom hearts

Yes, the KH games are very fun. Unfortunately, they have almost no replay value (despite multiple difficulty levels), and once you do everything, it's over. But I'd definitely play whatever new game Nomura and co. come up with. Each game just seems really fun and enjoyable.

Except that card one...I didn't like that one.

chocobo 08-11-2006 11:42 AM

Oh you mean KHchain of memories.

Freya Crescent 08-11-2006 01:38 PM

The games are fun but there is really no replay value at all like Zeromus stated. Once you gone through it you are pretty much looking for something new to play.

chocobo 08-11-2006 02:20 PM

I sometimes fight a few of the bosses that are fun to fight like axel and xemnas (FM)

Hydra 08-11-2006 03:10 PM

lol..

KH1:Was fun...no cheap way out of things..and if there were indeed such ways (Cure+Repeated ethers/elixers) bosses like Sephiroth and Kurt Ziza saught out to strike you before you can even get one of the two done. Overall, on Proud Mode, it was a challenge..but not much replay value

Chain Of Memories:A little cash cow, to get KH2 done while at the same time, keep the community guessing about KH2. I never did like it, but I did get up to Marluxia. And he was a bit stupid and easy..so..yeah..the replay value comes from Rikus side of the story also.

KH2:Too easy. Even on Proud Mode, reaction commands+Drive=Owned anything. =D They certainly redid the gummi ship, and the bosses. Despite Hades. :D And, well, it's just fun to go through the game over and over, dual wielding with Roxas, getting your first Final/Anti form with Sora. It can keep you playing for a while, but still, after you see the secret ending, make Ultima Weapon, aquire Fenfir from Sephiroth, there's nothing really else to do.

So, they're fun, but get boring easily. :)

C_Dub 08-11-2006 03:55 PM

I loved Kingdom hearts 1 and Chains just shipped in off ebay so i'm going to start it later today.. even though there is no replay value.. its still a great game and a lot of fun to play.

Hydra 08-11-2006 04:05 PM

lol, besides TWTNW bosses, and if you get overleveled, there's no exact way to do the Final Form Fenfir/Ultima Weapon/Oblivion/Oathkeeper combination of keyblades. Which is a drag. I imagine it'd hurt a LOT on other bosses. It's fun on Siax. Can't really try it on Xigbar, since he teleports around too much.

This is in KH2, of course.

Glock 08-11-2006 04:20 PM

KH and KH:COM were good, short games that lack in replay value.

Hydra 08-11-2006 04:53 PM

Oops, forgot about the tournaments in the Underworld. =D

And you're right Glock, they are short and lack of replay value, for the most part. But they are fun. :D

Kat 08-11-2006 07:25 PM

i like it

richboywonder 08-11-2006 07:45 PM

i only played the one on gba and it's not bad.

darkshadow2247 08-11-2006 08:11 PM

I hated KH:COM. I zipped right through it never dying once. As a matter of fact, I was barely hurt in the game. I just abhored the card fighting style.

Now KH2 was great. Fun game, nice story and sounds, the music is a little above average for my taste, and the battle system is mediocre (random button-mashing with no strategy FTW!!!). I give it an 8, only cause the battle system is lacking. Good game, no replay (as everyone obviously stated lol). Definitely worth the money though.

Zeromus_X 08-11-2006 08:13 PM

But if there's one thing great about the KH games...it's dying 20 times against Sephiroth until you figure out his attack pattern. xD

Hydra 08-11-2006 08:21 PM

You can beat up KH2 Sephy quite easily with Berserk Charge(Infinte Combos while recharging MP), Second Chance, Glide, and whatnot. Hell, with the Reaction Command fail for him, and he stands still, you could maybe even beat him without getting hurt. I wish I could say the same for KH1 Sephy though.

Edit: Dark, go button mash on Xigbar and tell us that again. =D