Final Fantasy Network

Final Fantasy Network (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/index.php)
-   FFNET Announcements (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   New Signature Size Limit. (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1098)

Zeromus_X 05-20-2006 05:39 PM

Re: New Signature Size Limit.

Actually, for people with lots of text, putting your text to the lowest size ('1'), will help shrink down the signature size, if it helps.

ShadowHeart 05-21-2006 06:29 AM

And you can remove the space between the lines too, Squall.

My main problem with large signatures is that there is so much nonsense (well okay maybe not, but I generally don't even look at signatures more than maybe the first time I see one) to scroll over. If someone with a huge signature that takes up tons of room has made a lot of posts in a thread, that means immense amounts of stuff you have to scroll over just to read the actual posts.

Squall Lionheart 05-22-2006 03:21 PM

What I meant was that texts should be allowed a diffrent height than pictures because they don't make as much trouble....

...I'm just asking you to reconsider this decision for the texts...

Arkacia 05-22-2006 11:45 PM

A big sig is a big sig. Whether pictures or text. Both are annoying to other members when they over power posts, and/or take much scrolling to get past. The red box would accomdate 9 or 10 lines of text within the 130 pixel limit, I think that is more than generous for a text sig.

A signature is supposed to be a small addition to every post you make, not something that is 10 times bigger than every post you make (not just you Squall, that is a general comment).

Squall, yours is too big and needs to be reduced. As I said earlier, this is an announcement of a new forum rule, not a discussion on ways to water it down.

Zeromus_X 05-23-2006 01:35 AM

I'm sure it'll fit if you use the 'sig-cutting' techniques already mentioned. :)

Tiny Bronco 05-23-2006 04:56 PM

Or you could just completely change your sig. like I did. Can't decide on a good color for my text though. :( Any help?

Zerlina 06-03-2006 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arkacia
A signature is supposed to be a small addition to every post you make, not something that is 10 times bigger than every post you make

Or in the case of people on the RP board, about 1/50th of our posts.

Anyways, I just found this thread and realized I'm 1 pixel over. Uh...do you honestly care? Or can I leave it?

Tiny Bronco 06-03-2006 03:41 PM

Zerlina
Quote:

Or in the case of people on the RP board, about 1/50th of our posts.

Anyways, I just found this thread and realized I'm 1 pixel over. Uh...do you honestly care? Or can I leave it?
lol. 1 pixel over.
I bet mine is to big. I'll change the size.

Zeromus_X 06-03-2006 03:56 PM

I'm sure if it's just one pixel too big, it'll be okay. :) (I mean, it isn't some collosal banner, at least.)

Suhiro 06-07-2006 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arkacia
A big sig is a big sig. Whether pictures or text. Both are annoying to other members when they over power posts, and/or take much scrolling to get past. The red box would accomdate 9 or 10 lines of text within the 130 pixel limit, I think that is more than generous for a text sig.

A signature is supposed to be a small addition to every post you make, not something that is 10 times bigger than every post you make (not just you Squall, that is a general comment).

Squall, yours is too big and needs to be reduced. As I said earlier, this is an announcement of a new forum rule, not a discussion on ways to water it down.

ok...but you have a problem...the RPG stats on the left side makes scrolling nececery in any way so putting a sig of say 380x140 is no big deal...you still have scroilling to do...and lots of it too...IMO remove these stats and leave a link to the full stats...that will shorten the overall lenth of the post by a mile and make it easier for the users...

Tiny Bronco 06-07-2006 12:00 PM

Before this rule was forced some people had sigs. that were the length of about two peices of paper. It gets annoying. Its better this way. I don't think the stats arre that long at all. It might be changed anyway though once the RPG is updated.

Zeromus_X 06-07-2006 12:56 PM

You can display them as a drop-down, but I think you've discovered that already. :) Yes, if not dropped-down, they are also space-takers.

Suhiro 06-08-2006 12:36 PM

im just sayin that one pic the size 400x150 max and 3-4 lines of text arent much...

ShadowHeart 06-08-2006 04:29 PM

You can make the RPG stats a dropdown instead of always displaying, it's a setting in your User CP.

Zeromus_X 07-18-2006 07:03 PM

I guess we've been leniant on it, but from now on, I'll be editing (any and all) members' signatures that are too big with a message stating such. You may of course replace the message when you have an appropriate signature, but it's just a little reminder.